Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Resolutions, Are Ok, But Goals Will Take You Much Farther!!!

Every year we set out to make a New Year's Resolution. Eat Better, join a gym, get organized etc. How many times have we actually sat down with our kids to see what they wanted out of the new year. I know that I have not sat down with my kids to see what they want to accomplish. So I told myself that on January 1st sitting down and setting goals will be one of the things that we all can appreciate. Resolutions we make each year and some things make the cut year after year and still not get completed. When you sit down with your goals, you see your visions come to life. When you see the things you want and you have a team that will support and help you reach them, there is a better chance that you will complete it. So teach your children to set goals for themselves and work to complete them. One thing about children they are not afraid of dreaming, our job is to keep the dream alive even when they are face with everyday challenges. There is no right age to set goals the goal is to create a list that motivates them to be better. The habits we create now will carry them throughout their life.

One thing about our children they embrace their freedom, they are not bogged down with the stress that we parents face. Though they may not understand it, there is a reward in setting goals and watching them come to pass. This will also boost their confidence as well as self esteem because they will know that no matter what hand life may deal them they have the power to overcome it and succeed. So help them set their goals, make great choices and embrace the New Year with a positive mind set, because this is the only way they will truly be successful
 

10 comments:

  1. Great post and all so true - happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. Forget the resolutions and stick with the goals :). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have done the same, because I seem to never keep the resolutions

      Delete
  3. That's why I make goals for myself now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Goals are definitely more effective than resolutions. And I couldn't agree more with you when you said it's important to talk to children about their goals and expetitions of the new year as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to sit and think that I have two kids in high school and now is the time to help them set goals which they will be able to use in the future

      Delete
  5. Great idea! I made a resolution to have more family fun because I know that's what my little one wants to do all the time. So we're making a little family fun bucket list for this year (like feed the ducks at park or go to the beach and even have a picnic).

    ReplyDelete