Friday, December 19, 2014

"So What's Really Up With Toms?"

As I walk through the various shoe stores. I begun to see more and more of these cloth shoes in various colors. To be honest I wasn't very fond of these shoes, they never really appealed to me at first sight. then I begun to see so many kids, teens and even adults wear them. No matter where I turned I seen them. Then one day while in the mall I seen a pair of wedges. Being a show addict I pick them up and guess what yes they where TOMS. This made me wonder so what is really up with TOMS? is this another fad that will soon fad away, or will I forever come in contact with these shoes. So I begun my research and to my surprise these are the greatest shoes ever, not because the various styles, but because of the story. Like many others there is something about a good story that draws you in. The creator of TOMS Blake Mycoskie got his inspiration from traveling the country and seeing children in need. From this his ONE FOR ONE program was born. For each pair of TOMS you buy he will match this and donate to a child in need. Not only does he do this with shoes, he does this with his eyewear were his goal is to help a child receive sight. There is a amazing joy to know that there is someone that want to help others, but an even better feeling to know that your purchase could change a life.  So as I continue to see these shoes pop up all over, it will be refreshing  to know that a child's life has changed. Being a person that loves support and community service I can sat that I will be honored to wear a pair of TOMS!!!

10 comments:

  1. I had the same reaction for a while. Meh, meh, meh. But one of my friends went on one of their excursions and I saw all of the help she was doing. Love it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine how it must feel to see what your time and money can do

      Delete
  2. I think Toms are cute! And it is amazing that they are helping kids too. The world needs more of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true if we can all come together and help one another what a difference we could make

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this! Inspirational goal he has, and is doing. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I dug deeper how could you not fall in love with the cause.

      Delete
  4. I love TOMS and what they do - thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I love how they saw a need and wanted to do something about it.

      Delete
  5. My kids love TOMS, a really great cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be supporting them more than I was because of the awesome cause behind it

      Delete